Mythology around the name
Jotunheim is the world of giants – or Jotnar as they are named in ancient Norse mythology. The Jotnars are the worst enemies of the gods and there are many tales of fights between them. The most famous Jotunn is Loki – the god of mischief, who was accepted by the gods and lived in Asgard until he was punished. Jotunheim consists mostly of rocks, wilderness, and dense forests, and it lies in the snowy regions on the outermost shores of the ocean.
The most famous jotnar is Loke. He is the father of Hel, the wolf Fenrir, and the world serpent Jörmungandr. He is often referred to as the god of mischief, because of his many tricks towards the gods. Loki sometimes assists the gods and sometimes behaves badly towards them, like in the incident where he caused the death of the god Baldr.
Bivrost® Jotunheim is the fourth whisky in the "nine worlds of Norse mythology" series.
• Volume: 50 cl
• Strength: 46% Alc.vol
• 3000 bottles in total will be bottled (numbered bottles)
• Number #1 - 20 bottles will go on auction at whiskyauctioneer.com. The auction bottles come in a unique, handcrafted wooden case.
• Official launch / release: 03. november 2021
• All (remaining) bottles will have a carton box in 4-color print.
• 6 F-pak/bottles in one D-pak/carton
Jotunheim is matured in predominantly bourbon quarter casks and barrels from Heaven Hill but were finished in some Ex Stout Beer Casks from Graff micro brewery.